While 2016 may have been a global disaster, I would like to point out some positives in my life and remember the 16 best moments and my favourite things of this year (in no particular order)! Enjoy!
- I lost my virginity this year. A little bittersweet; you can read my afterthoughts here.
- The annual Plato’s Closet Conference. This year hosted in Arizona; so beautiful and very thankful that I am able to go to these conferences.
- My favourite book I read this year and now one of my all-time favourite books is 11/22/63 by Stephen King.
- My favourite song of the year was Closer by the Chainsmokers ft. Halsey.
- Going to my friend’s cottage and starting a new tradition called the Drank-Olympics.
- I got my pizza slice tattoo in Vegas!
- I was able to visit the Grand Canyon!
- I said goodbye to an awful, negative friend and I’ve been so much happier.
- The many “girls’ nights” with my best friends in Toronto.
- Getting asked to be a bridesmaid in my best friend’s wedding.
- Deciding to buy a house next year with my sister.
- Finally seeing one of my best friends come home after spending two years in Australia.
- Being recognized for all my hard work and getting a raise!
- Receiving a benefits package at work – yay for adulting!
- My mom and I no longer fighting as much especially when it comes to my weight!
- Choosing to begin a healthier eating lifestyle and workout almost every day. I know I can be the best version of myself possible.
Here’s to an even better 2017 for me, and for the rest of the world too!