Hi guys! Welcome back! Today’s post features all of my favourites for the month of October. Normally, I don’t do these types of posts (I actually hate watching these videos on YouTube), but I do have more “lifestyle” favourites over my beauty faves so I think this will be a little more interesting for me. Enjoy!
I was sick for the first week or so of October, so I ended up wearing a much lighter coverage foundation because I barely wanted to wear makeup at all. They redesigned the Dream Fresh BB cream, but I think I do actually find a little bit of a difference with it, and I think I prefer it! It’s a little more coverage than the previous formula and the “grapefruit” scent you cannot smell much of at all, which is great since I hate grapefruit. But anyways, a great favourite to come back to!
I love this palette! I do not know why it got such bad reviews from some YouTubers. Yes, the shades are powdery but I find most of Tarte eyeshadow palettes are. The burnt orange shade called Dogman is my favourite! The bronzer in the palette leans a little orange, but the blush is great and the highlighter OH THE HIGHLIGHTER is amazing! A little goes along way throughout the entire palette. Well worth the cost!
3. NYX single eyeshadow in the shade Suede
A great transition colour, and while I do have a lot of cool toned browns, this one leans more warm which I love!
4. Lip Balm
Just lip balm in general for the month of October! My lips get dry when it starts getting colder, so I’ve been reaching for my Revos and EOS lip balms a lot over the past month or so.
5. Bath and Body Works’ Pumpkin Apple Cider Body Spray and Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte Body Wash
I’m not usually a fan of pumpkin smells but gosh darnit these two are amazing! Especially the body wash! Their fall sale grabbed me and I splurged!
1. Tami Hoag’s The Bitter Season
Two crimes in one? Oh yeah! Kovac and Liska back at it again? Oh Yeah! A gruesome and creepy murder mystery? OH YEAH!
2. Amy Schumer’s The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo
Didn’t finish this book until a few days ago, but had to include it. Yes, her book is hilarious and raunchy and all the things you would expect that would come out of Amy Schumer’s mouth but she writes it from her own perspective and she does write about situations that I didn’t know she went through like sexual assault and domestic abuse. She writes about her dad and his diagnosis with MS. The book is funny and hysterial and raw and real and sad. It’s great.
1. Closer by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey
My two faves collaborate on a song? OH YEAH!
2. Side to Side by Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj
I didn’t want to like this because I’m not a fan of Ariana, but it’s so damn catchy!
3. K Theory Remixes
Just listen to all of this artist’s remixes. Eargasms.
1. That 70s Show – I’ve been marathoning this on Netflix and I did not realize how hilarious this show was!
2. Law and Order SVU – Again, I’ve been picking and choosing episodes off of Netflix and keeping up with the new season, but I just love it! I love crime shows!
3. Chicago P.D. – One of the best police shows ever! A great cast, and I’m very sad that Jon Seda is leaving for the new Chicago Justice series.
4. How to Get Away with Murder – do we see a theme here? This season is already much better than last season! I haven’t watched this week’s episode yet, but I’m hoping that it’s not Frank in the house fire!
I think that’s all my favourites this month! I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks 🙂